4 large sweat potato
180 ml fresh ricotta cheese
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 tabs brown sugar
1 teas salt
1/4 teas nutmeg
about 2 - 3 cups of plain flour
· Pierce the potatoes with a fork.
· Microwave the potatoes for 5 – 6 mins on each side, until they’re tender.
· Slice the potatoes in half and let them cool.
· Mash the potatoes and add the ricotta cheese. Mix them together.
· Add Parmesan cheese, brown sugar, salt, add nutmeg; mash to blend.
· Mix in flour, about ½ at the time until soft dough forms.
· Place the dough on a floured surface, knead a few times and shape into a rectangle. Cut into 6 – 7 equal portions.
· Roll each section into a 1inch diameter rope, flouring as needed.
· Cut rope into little pieces.
· Give the Gnocchi shape to the pieces with the help of a fork.
· Place them on baking sheet.
· Bring a pot of salted water to boil.
· Add the Gnocchi to the boiling water cook 5 – 6 mins, until tender. Drain and set aside on clean baking sheet.
· Serve with sauce.
|Basically you can sure your Gnacchi with any sauce but in these pictures as you can see I've served them with my Cheesy Sauce which you can find the recipe from the blog as well.|
|And some fresh herbs to taste and look better. I've chopped some fresh sage and rosemary leaves you can pick other sauces and herbs such as tomato sauce and basil.|