2 cup crushed wheat(bulgur/bulgar)
3 onions(finely chopped)
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tabs tomato paste
2 tabs pepper paste
1-2 bunches of parsley
1 bunch of mint
1 bunch of dill
1 tabs dried mint ( chop & mix
1 teas salt all together)
1/2 teas cumin
1/2 teas pepper
1 teas paprika
1 teas chili flakes
1 bunch spring onions(finely chopped)
pomegranate sour sauce to taste(if you can't find it use 1 medium size lemon's juice)
- Soak bulgur in boiling water(just covered).Put the lid on.Sit for 15 mins.Mix through.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan,add onions.
- When onions are soft add tomato and pepper paste.Stir and cook them together for a bit.Remove from heat.
- Add onion mix to bulgur.
- Add herb/spice mix and spring onions.
- Add some pomegranate sauce for taste(it should change the colour of the mixture , it would go darker)
|You can easily serve in a bowl(in the middle) but if you want to do something different you can easily cut some julian style carrot and cucumbers(left) or stuff some lettuce with the wheat mixture(right).|